I decided to start my own Bucket List, 100 things to do before I die — which, hopefully, is still a good long ways off.
In no particular order:
1. Learn to play the guitar or ukulele (working on it)
2. Travel to Ireland
3. Complete a half marathon
4. See all my kids graduate from high school
5. Camp on the beach with my husband
6. Hike around Mt. Rainier
7. Take a train across the U.S.
8. Have high tea in London
9. Make a queen-sized quilt
10. See a Broadway play in New York
11. Raise some chickens
12. Find a pair of red high heels that fit comfortably woohoo!
13. Make (and wear) an ugly Christmas sweater
14. Go hang gliding
15. Get a manicure (never had one) my sister treated me for my birthday!
16. Ride the Seattle to Portland bike ride with my husband
17. Go to Sea World
18. Read “Atlas Shrugged” by Ayn Rand
19. Revisit Paris
20. Go on a road trip with some girlfriends
21. Knit some undies, so I can say that I have
22. Dance at my kids’ wedding(s)
23. Grow asparagus in my garden
24. Attend a hockey game (DONE! Thanks, Jen!)
25. Eat real Greek food, in Greece
26. Learn to hula hoop
27. Make Julia Child’s Beef Bourguignon
28. Teach my grandchildren how to spin wool
29. Volunteer in a soup kitchen
30. Have my picture taken with Santa again
31. Read to an elderly person
32. Plant hundreds of tulips and daffodils in my yard (and not care if the squirrels eat / move them all)
33. Grow some bonsai trees have a bonsai gingko, and am working on some maples
34. Take a cruise to the Caribbean
35. Learn Spanish
36. Make hand-pulled taffy
37. Build a front porch on our house so I can sit in a rocking chair and knit there 38. Learn to can my own spaghetti sauce
39. “Sponsor a child” in a foreign country
40. Travel to Australia
41. See the Great Pyramids
42. Visit Stonehenge
43. Take a nap under a 200-year-old oak tree
44. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Get beads.
45. Pet an elephant
46. Drive through Vermont during Autumn to see the leaves turn
47. Learn to drive a motorcycle
48. Stay in bed all day with my husband. ALL day.With only quick forays to the kitchen for refreshments. 😉
49. Take a backstage tour at Universal Studios
50. Shake hands with a U.S. President
51. Try escargot. Try not to gag.
52. Go snow shoeing.
53. Attend a Sounders game.
Make pickles. Done!
55. Make mozzarella cheese.
56. Take dance classes.
57. Help to rebuild some trails in a State / National forest
58. Participate in Habitat for Humanity
59. Take photography lessons
60. Take singing lessons
61. Learn that taxi-hailing, ear-splitting kind of whistle
62. Go on a zip line
63. Build our own Adirondack chairs. Paint them red (or some other bright color)
64. Be a baby-holder at a hospital
65. Foster a litter of abandoned kittens / puppies (and give them back for adoption!) in memory of Aunt Geraldine
66. Get a small music tattoo in memory of my dad 67. Throw myself a birthday party (did that for my 40th)
68. Tour a real castle
69. Take a driving vacation to Yellowstone National Park
70. Finish quilts for J and O
71. Go on a bicycle tour in Vancouver, BC
72. Donate hair to Locks Of Love
(there will be more, stay tuned)