1. What the heck happened to the sun??? Two days ago it was 77 degrees, today it’s 50 and drizzling.
2. I’ve been doing better at eating more whole foods and less processed crap, and today I skipped the sugar in my coffee and opted for nonfat milk. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. Eventually it will start to make a difference in my weight, right?? RIGHT??
3. Why can’t my knee cooperate for once? Why does it have to get all swollen up right before my doctor’s appointment, at which he was going to inject some nice slippery collagen to make it run more smoothly but now can’t because it’s too swollen? Instead, I left his office armed with another run of anti-inflammatory pills and an appointment for six weeks out.
4. I’m bummed that I missed volleyball yesterday, just because my knee was extra cranky.
5. I feel really badly about kicking Chloe out of my room last night, but I just couldn’t sleep with her wheezing. I know it isn’t her fault, and I know she doesn’t like it, and I know that her time is limited and I should be spending as much quality time as I can with her — but I had to get to sleep and so, I kicked her out of my room. 😦 She slept right outside my bedroom door…
6. I finished another knitted cupcake hat yesterday while icing my knee. I hope S. likes it! She doesn’t know she’s getting two. *grin*
7. I haven’t touched my spinning wheel in weeks and I am itching to spin something. Maybe that soy fiber that I got as a gift few months ago – it’s only a few ounces, but it sure feels soft. Maybe there will be enough yardage for a lacy little scarf if I spin it fine.
8. My garden doesn’t look very good. The potatoes have spots, the tomatoes are dwarfed (not enough sun), the beans are eaten off at ground-level thanks to a horde of hungry slugs that have also been nibbling holes into the strawberries, the radishes have been weak and mealy, and very few of the carrots have sprouted. This has not been a good spring and I’ll be grateful if I get anything edible from the garden this year. I planted six cucumber seeds and haven’t seen any sprout yet. I was hoping to make pickles this fall.
9. Less than a month until I see the other half of my family!
10. I’m so glad it’s Friday. I need to sleep in. I haven’t gotten much sleep lately (see #5) and I’m getting grumpy.
11. Next week is my twelve-year anniversary at work. Wow.
12. I have no idea what to make for dinner tonight.
13. Maybe I’ll help O. tackle her room this weekend. The boys, too, for that matter.
14. I wonder what the weather will be like this weekend? Would be nice to open all the windows and air out the teen smell.
15. I downloaded the Kindle app to my iphone, but haven’t actually purchased a book yet. I can’t decide what to get.
16. I’m going to the gym today no matter what my knee says. I can do weights or swim if it doesn’t feel like walking.
17. There is a mountain of clean laundry on my bed. Or, on half of the bed. That works fine during the week but I guess I better get it folded and put away this evening.
18. Clean laundry means I probably have some ironing to do.
19. I don’t like to iron.
20. Maybe I should go buy some no-iron shirts.