The bad sock has been given a second chance. In fact, it’s been given a complete do-over because after I rounded up a replacement DPN and knit for awhile on the leg, I had to accept that my gauge was off. And not just off a little, it was off by quite a bit… And since these socks are supposed to be for me and I don’t fancy a pair of socks so tight they cut off the circulation to my feet, I decided to rip them out and start again with more stitches.
And since I was doing that, I took a more critical look at the size of the skeins and assuaged my fear of Running Out Of Yarn by restarting these as toe-up socks, so that if the dreaded shortness-of-yarn did come to fruition, it would happen at the legs instead of in the middle of the foot. I can wear short socks. Socks without toes are just plain weird.
All that to say, I don’t have much progress to show on the pink sock, and it looks completely different than the last time you saw it.