That little Milo vest is done and blocking! I’ll show you later. I also finished the second pair of Fetching mitts; they look exactly like the first pair so you don’t even have to use your imagination. 🙂
I took a little break from knitting to spin a bit; I pulled a 4 oz braid from the stash (a wool / silk hand-painted), dialed up some Netflix, and put the WooLee Winder on my wheel.
The braid has a lot of turquoise in it. I split the braid lengthwise and spun on the medium whorl; my singles turned out pretty good, though the colors didn’t work out quite how I envisioned.
I plied them together and photographed the skein against a very green counter — I should have taken the picture against the white couch. Oh, well.
After washing and thumping, the yarn fluffed out a bit and it’s a nice worsted weight. I think it’s a little under-plied, but workable. I’m still learning / adjusting to the WooLee Winder; next time I’ll put a little more twist in my singles AND as I ply.