I started a quilt! I ironed a ton of fabric, and then cut out a bazillion diamonds and miles of sashing strips.
Next, I sewed the diamonds to the strips, making long flags. Or kite tails.
Then I cut them apart and laid out the stacks.
And then I realized two things. One, my color pallette is lacking – so I dug a blue from the stash and it’s currently on a trip through the laundry. I think it will balance things out a bit (there’s a tiny bit of blue in the far right fabric).
And two, I have no idea how many diamonds I need, but I’m starting to think I have plenty. Like maybe even twice as much. Hmm.
The next step is to determine the diamond layout and I’ll need to decide if it’s going to be random or some sort of planned thing. I’ll also have a better idea just how many diamonds are needed (and a bunch will get cut in half for the edges).