I reached out to the dyer of the yarn I was using for the Wingspan, to see if she had more. She did not, but she had a couple options with similar colors that I got to try out.
In the end, I decided on a coordinating semi-solid yarn that pulls the blue from the main yarn, and striped them together before switching to the new yarn. I think it looks pretty good.
The lighter color will be used across the top edge to finish it, so it should tie in well. There will be 2 points in the lighter yarn, which will balance it out.
Today I did some rearranging in the craft room. I’m trying to get more organized, and am clearing out some old stuff. Anyway, I had to move my yarn to a new shelf. A few minutes ago I took the little ball of leftover dark yarn from the Wingspan in to put it away.
Guess what I found on the sock yarn shelf.
Yep, a whole ‘nother skein of the dark yarn…